The Senate is the highest academic body of the University and has 15 members. It consists of Rector and two Vice-Rectors, the three Deans/Heads of Departments, one representative of teachers from departments, one representative of associates from the departments, and one representative of the Rector’s Office. At least 15% of the members of the Senate are representatives of students.
Senate works and makes decisions at sessions. Sessions of the Senate are convened by Rector or at least three members of the Senate. The session is chaired by Rector, or Vice-Rector, with the Rector’s authorisation. The session is held at least one time every three months.
The University Senate makes decisions on all academic issues, in particular:
- issues related to teaching, scientific, artistic and professional activities of the University;
- adopts the Statuteof the Universitywith the prior approvalof the Governing Council
- adopts a code of ethics, which sets out ethical principles in higher education, the publication of scientific results, intellectual property, relations between teachers and associates, other employees and students, attitude towards the public and the media, and in general operating of the institution, teachers, associates and students in legal transactions;
- adopts general documentsin accordance withthe lawandthe Statute;
- adopts the curriculaandteaching programsofstudy cycles,on the proposalof Scientific and TeachingCouncil
- appoints the Rector and Vice-Rectors, at the Rector’s proposal
- gives opinion to the Governing Council for the adoption of regulations on internal organization and job systematization;
- approves the appointment of the Dean of the organizational unit;
- elects to scientific-educational, artistic-educational and educational titles;
- appoints committees in the process of Ph.D. at the proposal of the organizational unit;
- gives the honorary titles of “professor emeritus” and doctor of science;
- gives the initiative to the Governing Council for the establishment and abolition of organizational units of the University;
- appoints a permanent or temporary bodies, working groups, groups for monitoring and the like;
- establishes criteria and working bodies appointed by the Senate;
- decides on the use of funds in accordance with the Statute
- proposes to the Governing Council a draft strategy for the development of the University and
- performs other duties in accordance with the law and the Statute.
The University Senate decides on academic issues, at the proposal of professional bodies of organizational units, as well as other bodies of the University and student representative bodies.
The way that the Senate operates, and the manner of holding sessions and making decisions is regulated by articles 57, 58 and 59 of the CKM Statute and the Rules of Procedure.